Friday 26 January 2018

Boost Your Beauty with Food | Ilana Muhlstein, M.S., R.D.N

The Best Weight Loss Secrets "THEY" Don't Want You To Know About!

Hey everyone it’s Ilana! In today’s video I am going over how to make smart and healthy weight loss decisions during a Super Bowl party.

00:17 What are some healthy recipes we can make for a Super Bowl party?
I love wings just like the next person, but between the skin and the deep frying they are too high in fat. I recommend you instead grill, bake, broil, or use an air fryer to cook your wings. An air fryer will make them nice and crispy on the outside without using too much oil. I also love making baked chicken nuggets as an alternative, and making these into boneless wings. To make these get whole wheat breadcrumbs and cube up a chicken breast. Egg wash the cubed chicken breast and dip it into the breadcrumbs. Bake the nuggets for approximately 30-40 min until they are tender and delicious. For the Super Bowl I would then toss these into a barbeque sauce or sriracha and honey, coat them well and you won’t even miss eating the wings. Chili is also an amazing thing to make for the Super Bowl party. You can make chili so lean by adding a ton of vegetables: sautéed onions, mushrooms, carrots, celery, canned beans, and diced tomatoes. You can add a lean ground beef or turkey and a ton of seasoning and that chili will be super delicious and good for you.

01:34 How to properly enjoy alcohol at a Super Bowl party?
My answer to this is, you really need to know yourself. Some people love a really rich thick craft beer and they want to sip it slow and enjoy it. Craft beers are a great treat to have at a Super Bowl party, so have 1, sip it slowly, and enjoy it. Other people love to be sipping on beer for hours at a time and like to have one in their hand. If you are one of these people, I would definitely recommend you try to choose a light beer. A light bottle of beer has about 50 calories less than a heavier beer. This might not sound like much, but 50 calories are about 5 min of doing burpees. My best advice for you regardless of which route you take is to alternate with water. Either alternate every sip with a sip of water or every bottle with a bottle of water. I definitely want you to stay hydrated while drinking. So have water first, it will prevent hangovers, but it will also help your waistline and help you pace the amount of alcohol you are drinking.

02:44 How to deal with peer pressure when you are trying to lose weight, but people want you to eat more and to eat unhealthy?
Sometimes you are really focused on your weight loss and your health goals, but everyone else is pushing you to break them. They are telling you that you’ve got to eat more chips, and you’ve got to eat more wings, and how are you not trying my deep fried cheese balls? You know you don’t want to eat it because it is not going to work for you and your plan right now. My best way of dealing these food pushers is to say “no thanks, I’m good”. This is my mom’s favorite line that she taught me. It works because “no thanks” is really firm but also very polite. Then when you say “I’m good” it tells the host that you are good. The host just wants to make sure you are having a goodtime, but the “I’m good” is also reaffirming for you. It reaffirms that you are good, and you’ve got this, that your goal is really important to you, and your sticking to it. So next time you are in this situation you will say, “no thanks, I’m good”. If they continue to push say, “I know you are coming from a place of love, but the best thing you can do to show me love right now is to support me in my health and wellness ventures”.

Thank you all for watching, I really hope you enjoyed this video! If you did make sure to give it the thumbs up! And leave your questions in the comments below!

Can’t get enough? Check out my social pages for more great tips.
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ilanamuhlsteinrd/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ilanamuhlstein/

The Best Weight Loss Secrets "THEY" Don't Want You To Know About!


from
http://www.thedoctoraway.com/blog/boost-your-beauty-with-food-ilana-muhlstein-m-s-r-d-n/%20

No comments:

Post a Comment